KERALA FISH CURRY: INGREDIENTS:
1.Sea Fish -250gms
2. Big onion sliced - 3nos
2.Tomato chopped -2 nos
3. Garlic - chopped - 1tbsp
4. Ginger - chopped - 1 tbsp
5. Green chilli - chopped- 2tbsp
6. Fenugrreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
7. Coconut oil - 3 tbsp
8. Corainader Powder - 4 tbsp
9. Chilli powder - 3 tbsp
10.Fish masala powder - 1 tbsp
11.Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
12.Kudampulli - 3 nos
13.Salt - to taste
14. Curry leaves - to garnish
In a pan put 1 tbsp coconut oil and saute onions till golden brown, add coriander powder, few fenugreek seeds, 1/2tsp chillipowder, 1/2 tsp fish masala. Saute for 2 mts.Grind to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
1.Remove skin of the fish and cut into medium pieces or can use small fish fully.
2.In an earthern pot heat 2 tbsp coconut oil, add chopped garlic, ginger, green chilli, 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds, curry leaves,onion and saute nicely.
3.Soak kudampulli in hot water.
4.once the onions are cooked add chopped tomatoes, remaining chilli powder, corainder powder, fish masala and turmeric. Add salt to taste.
5. Then add the ground masala paste to it and saute again till the oil comes out.
6. Add the kudampulli with water and allow it to boil.
7.Then put the fish slices into it and close with a lid.
8.Keep the flame low and allow it to cook.
9.Once the fish is cooked add curry leaves and give a gentle mix.
This Fish curry can be served with Rice or Kappa (Tapioca)